Upper Ocean Heat Content: In the News
- Roach, Jonathan (12 October 2014). Deep Argo: Probes in Ocean Abyss Explore Mysteries of Global Warming. NBC News.
- Taking the Temperature of Rising Seas. Science Friday. 10 October 2014.
- Deep Sea Instruments May Solve Missing Energy Mystery. Reporting Climate Science. 10 October 2014.
- Webb, Jonathan (5 October 2014). Different depths reveal ocean warming trends. BBC News.
WARMING UPPER OCEAN
- Sheridan, Kerry (16 July 2015). Major greenhouse gases hit record highs in 2014: report. Yahoo News.
- Borenstein, Seth (16 July 2015). Scientists give Earth's climate its annual physical, highlighting 'ridiculous' ocean heating. U.S. News & World Report.
- Thompson, Andrea (16 July 2015). 4 Takeaways from the Annual Climate Review. Climate Central.
- McSweeney, Robert (16 July 2015). NOAA State of the Climate report: Which seven records were broken in 2014? The Carbon Brief.
- Goldenberg, Suzanne (16 July 2014). Warming of oceans due to climate change is unstoppable, say US scientists. The Guardian.
- Scientists say ocean warming due to climate change will continue 'for millennia'. The Week. 16 July 2015.
- Kennedy, Caitlyn (15 July 2015). 2014 State of the Climate: Ocean Heat Content. ClimateWatch Magazine.
- Michelson, Molly (10 October 2014). Ocean Warming. Science Today.
- Spotts, Pete (6 October 2014). Global warming's effect on oceans is greater than realized, researchers say. Christian Science Monitior.
- Abrams, Lindsay (6 October 2014). The oceans are heating up a lot more quickly than we thought. Salon.
- Smith, Lydia (6 October 2014). Global Warming: Ocean Temperatures Rising 'Up to 152% Faster than Thought'. Yahoo News.
- Kintisch, Eli (5 October 2014). Past measurements may have missed massive ocean warming. Science Magazine News.
- Abraham, John (11 June 2014). Scientists in focus - Lyman and Johnson explore the rapidly warming oceans. Climate Consensus - the 97%, hosted by The Guardian.
- Alton, Helen (13 July 2010). Rise in ocean temperatures 'confirms' global warming. Honolulu Star Advertiser.
- Bardi, Jason Socrates (22 May 2010). Oceans Warmer and Smaller in New Studies. ABC News.
- Lemonick, Michael D. (20 May 2010). Climate Change Hits the Oceans. TIME Science.
- Morello, Lauren (20 May 2010). Robot Floats Record Sharp Increase in Upper Ocean Warming -- Study. New York Times.
- Witt, Alex (20 May 2010). Report: Worlds' ocean waters heat up. MSNBC video.
- (20 May 2010). Alarming increase in ocean temperature . MSNBC video.
- Ocean Stored Significant Warming Over Last 16 Years, Study Finds. Science Daily. 20 May 2010.
- Israel, Brett (19 May 2010). Study: Ocean Warmed Significantly Over Past 16 Years. Live Science.
CHANGING OCEAN SALINITY PATTERNS AND CLIMATE
- Oskin, Becky (27 September 2013). New Report More Confident About Alarming Changes. Live Science.
WARMING ANTARCTIC BOTTOM WATER
- Barcott, Bruce (28 September 2013). Cooking the Ocean's Twilight Zone. onearth.
- Purkey, Sarah and Gregory Johnson (27 March 2013). Surprising Depth to Global Warming's Effects. Live Science.
- Mustain, Andrea (29 September 2011). Earth's Final Frontier: Mysteries of the Deep Sea. Our Amazing Planet.
- Warming in Deep Southern Ocean Linked to Sea-Level Rise. Live Science. 20 September 2010.
- Fogarty, David (22 July 2010). Scientists dig deep into ocean warming conundrum. Reuters.
- Brahic, Catherine (11 March 2009). Global warming reaches the Antarctic abyss. New Scientist.
- Church, John (13 March 2008). Journal Club: An oceanographer ponders the difficulty of accurately estimating abyssal-ocean warming. Nature.
THE WARMING OCEAN AND CLIMATE
- Chow, Denise (27 September 2013). IPCC Climate Change Report: Experts React. Live Science.
- Abraham, John (28 August 2013). Global warming and oceans: what are the known unknowns? Climate Consensus - the 97%, hosted by The Guardian.
- Clarke, Sarah, and Katie Hamann (20 May 2013). New reports suggests global warming could be slower than first thought. ABC News.
- Marshall, Michael (19 May 2013). A second chance to save the climate . New Scientist.
- Harvey, Fiona (19 May 2013). Climate change: human disaster looms, claims new research. The Guardian.
- McGrath, Matt (19 May 2013). Climate slowdown means extreme rates of warming 'not as likely'. BBC News.
- Redd, Nola Taylor (30 January 2012). Earth's 'Missing Energy' Was Never Lost. Live Science.
- Sullivan, Rachel (23 January 2012). Study plugs gap in global warming puzzle. ABC Science.
FRESHENING ANTARCTIC BOTTOM WATER
- Bindoff, Nathan L., and Hobbs, William R. (25 September 2013). Oceanography: Deep ocean freshening. Nature Climate Change.
- Newton, Alicia (27 March 2013). Oceanography: Rise from below. Nature Geoscience.
- Kelly, Daniel (11 February 2013). Jason and the Argo Network. Environmental Monitor - Application and technology news for environmental professionals.
- Abbott, Brian (12 June 2012). 'Phone home' robots now operating in seas off Kiribati. Pacific Beat, ABC Radio Australia.
- Robots that 'phone home' to be deployed near Kiribati as part of ocean research. Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme Press Release. 7 June 2012.
- Koellermeier, Lauren. (4 April 2012) The Ups and Downs of a Life at Sea. COSEE NOW. 4 April 2012.
- Research Highlights: Our choice from the recent literature: Chilean eddies. Nature Geoscience. November 2009.
CONTRACTING ANTARCTIC BOTTOM WATER
- Qiu, Jane (16 November 2012). Winds of Change. Science.
- Coldest antarctic water said disappearing. UPI. 4 April 2012.
- Greenfield, Rebecca (4 April 2012). Everything's Getting Hotter. the Atlantic wire.
- Amount of coldest Antarctic water near ocean floor decreasing for decades. Science Daily. 3 April 2012.
- Le robinet d'eau froide de l'Antarctique serait ferme! le Parisien. 29 March 2012.
- What is happening to the oceans' coldest, deepest water? ECOS Magazine. 26 March 2012.
- Antarctic water 'mysteriously shrinking'. India Times. 25 March 2012.
- Coldest, Deepest Ocean Water Mysteriously Disappears. MSNBC. 22 March 2012.